When a couple separates, there is a gap; a void – that is often filled with pain, sadness, and loneliness. Even though this outcome may be a positive or mutual one, the relationship, in essence, is over. The word “over” is often related to the event of the relationship coming to an end. The past moments and memories – are all connected to this word of finality.
Isn’t it true that the feelings of melancholy and nostalgia are associated with something being “over”? In these moments of looking back, we become trapped in the past and unsure how to move forward. We turn inward, in deep reflection, looking closely at what was – for better (learning and healing) or worse (regretting and drawing out the pain). Seldom are partnerships and relationships scrutinized as closely as the time when you realize it’s over.
With Every Ending – There Is a New Beginning!
When something finishes, it creates room for something new. Nature has an elementary law – she replenishes empty spaces. So, when something ends, there is a possibility for change, shifts, and developments to unfold. But only if you are open and ready for it! When this time of ending comes, only YOU can decide what steps you will take into YOUR new beginning. You decide when it feels authentic to enjoy the newfound freedom or start a new relationship. If you are experiencing this time of endings and new beginnings, I have put together some essential Feng Shui tips to assist you on this monumental and powerful journey!
- Clean Your Living Spaces – Especially the bedroom (thoroughly). Wipe all surfaces and sweep the floors and make sure you clean under the bed! When cleansing and designing your bedroom, don’t forget that you should feel comfortable there and create a space that allows you to have a good night’s sleep.
- Do a Space Clearing – Energetically clear the room, cleansing and purifying the space from the old energies that belonged to you and your partner. This simple yet highly effective act – makes it much easier to let go and start anew.
- Attune The Room to Your Energies – Bring more elements into your space that support and strengthen YOU. However, don’t forget to leave room for a new partner’s energies to mix with your own.
- Buy A New Bed – Some Feng Shui books suggest buying a new bed. If you feel the need, an easier way is to simply replace your mattress. The idea behind this recommendation is the following: your old mattress stores the energies of your previous partnership. A new partner could be reluctant to get in the same bed – where his predecessor’s vibration resides. However, hardly anyone will express this feeling consciously! It is felt more as an internal resistance that is hard to put into words. If you don’t want to buy a new bed or mattress, take a broomstick and knock the bed out thoroughly. Doing this will help cleanse the old energy, which can be very cathartic!
- Make Room for A New Partner – In my consultations, I have experienced several times that dogs, cats or other pets have taken over the vacant space in the bed of their master. If you wish a human as a bed partner, return your pets to their own sleeping place.
- Strengthen The Partnership Corner of The Bedroom – According to the three-door Bagua (Feng Shui Map), the corner is on the left-hand side opposite the bedroom door. You can create symbols and pictures representing togetherness, love, and partnership in this space. The best-known image for this is a pair of dolphins. It is essential that whatever symbolism you choose, it must be as a couple and that you consciously shift your mindset toward your new wishes and intentions.
Entrance – The 3-Door Bagua
Prosperity – Prosperity – Partnership
Health – The Center: Tai Chi – Children and Creativity
Knowledge – Career – Mentors
Remember, whether you like this kind of Feng Shui symbolism is a matter of taste! Therefore, don’t implement any Feng Shui measures that are not right for you! Look for another solution that aligns with your energy and preferences. A good Feng Shui consultant always has several tools up their sleeve, ready to help you find the answers you are seeking.