Every day is a great moment to take a deep breath and evaluate your workspace.
What do you see when you look at your desk and around the office? A dusty phone? Magazines and books that you wanted to read but never found the time. Post-it notes hanging around your screen – constantly reminding you of the tasks you have to do? A few hundred emails in your inbox? An overflowing filing system? The list continues… however, instead, I’d rather give you tips on how to make a change!
- Take a Few Minutes to Clear Your Work Area of Dust. In winter, significantly more dust particles float through the rooms – because of ongoing heating. Don’t forget the space behind the screen and printer. Your workplace will shine just from this one step alone!
- Remove all Post-It Notes from The Screen, Desk and Whiteboard. Instead, transfer them into a notepad. If you want to go paperless, I recommend this excellent app: www.tomorrow.do.
It is a great replacement for the traditional To-Do list. It has an attractive design and an easy-to-use interface.
- Sort Through all Piled-Up Newspapers and Magazines. Do you really want to read all of these? Or is the information now outdated? Recycle or discard any unwanted reading matter causing clutter in your space.
- Clean Your Email Inbox. How many emails are there? 500, 600 or more? Archive any relevant information into designated folders and delete everything else! Even from the Deleted Items folder itself! Keep only current correspondence.
- New Order System Needed? A uniform system makes the workplace seem tidy (even in the case of productive work chaos). With this, you can beautify the workplace in the long term.
By following these simple tips, you will be amazed how your motivation and productivity will rise, and the best thing is: You will enjoy your time at the office even more in your newly ordered and free-flowing workspace!